Scosche Industries, Inc., an Oxnard, CA based supplier of high quality consumer electronics products and car audio installation accessories, is seeking a Traffic Coordinator with at least 3 years of experience in import/export and domestic shipping.
Coordinate and ensure the timely and accurate delivery of inbound and outbound international and domestic shipments. Maintain delivery schedules and track shipments to ensure expected arrival dates are met. Update and provide timely shipment tracking information to external and internal customers. Investigate and report on late, lost, or damaged shipments.
Analyze delivery costs and recommend cost effective methods of transportation. Review Carriers performance on a consistent basis and assist in negotiating freight agreements with outside transportation companies in order to ensure best price and service practices. Assist Accounting in reconciling freight invoices, duty drawbacks and any other Carrier related issues.
Ensure proper documentation and classifications are used for the import and export of product shipments. Coordinate and advise shipping methods based on current import and export rules and regulations.
- 3+ years’ experience in import/export and domestic shipping.
- Successful and professional freight negotiation skills.
- Experience shipping to large retail customers (ex. Walmart, Target and etc.)
- Able to successful understand and navigate customer routing guides and shipping instructions.
- Firm understanding of Import/export documentation, rules and regulations.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office.
- QAD experience preferred.
- Organized, detail and task orientated and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Effective communication skills.
- Analytic skill set to review vendor performance and identify areas for improvement.