Celebrating its 42nd year in business, SCOSCHE Industries, based in Oxnard, CA – north of Los Angeles and south of Santa Barbara, is an award-winning innovator of consumer technology products and car audio installation hardware and accessories - committed to delivering quality, value and unmatched customer service. We are a passionate, nimble, dynamic and fast-paced organization. We look to find and hire people who are ready to dive in, to tackle an array of challenges and turn them into opportunities, to not only learn but be true ambassadors of our company and products and to make substantive contributions to our growth using their professional skills and experience.
This Demand Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their product line and or customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources. The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue periodically for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
• Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
• Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
• Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, product transitions, and product phase-outs
• Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans, supply chain constraints with customers, sales, supply planning, and other teams
• Utilize ERP system for analysis, reporting, reviews, problem resolutions, inventory balance, unplanned orders, & item level maintenance
• Create statistical forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Apply forecasting techniques to improve forecast accuracy
- Summarize/aggregate/present statistical forecasts
• Review sales plans, customer finance Budget Updates or Latest Estimates and demand drivers:
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with sales
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
• Maintain demand planning system and software
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error/exceptions
• Provide vendors demand estimates periodically
• Aid in maintaining Inventory control through proper means
• Inform key stakeholders (Vice President, Director of Operations, and Planning Manager) on all issues pertaining to potential Supply Chain interruptions.
• A customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
• Improved relationships among planners, sales, marketing and finance, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
• Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
• Execute with excellence in the area of customer replenishment and feedback to the Supply Chain groups the opportunities and risks regarding customer replenishment performance metrics.
• Maintaining finished goods inventory and bulk parts on the shelves at 100% as set in the Company’s current business plan (agreed upon turns per year). Ensuring there are no supply chain issues with assigned product lines that could impact inventory issues and maintaining 3 C’s Scosche Policy.
• 5+ years Demand Planning experience in Manufacturing or Retail environment.
• Proficient in forecasting techniques, strong analytical skills, organized, results oriented, detail oriented, and strong interpersonal skills
• Advanced Excel capabilities e.g. Pivot tables, chart creation, and presentation of data
• Self-motivated, deals well with a variety of tasks, ambiguity & accepts change in a fast-paced environment
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Lift to 30lbs.
• Able to Bend and Reach.
• Talk or hear in person and by telephone.
• Use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment
Reports to Planning Manager
Scosche’s competitive compensation and flexible health and benefits programs meet the ever-changing and challenging needs of today's workforce. Scosche offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental and vision plans as well as company paid life insurance, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Scosche is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities or enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a job.