Careers at Scosche
Scosche provides the excitement and innovation of a start-up, coupled with the solid reputation of a highly successful, established company. Build your career with Scosche!
Founded in 1980, SCOSCHE Industries, based in Oxnard, CA – north of Los Angeles and south of Santa Barbara, is an award-winning innovator of consumer technology products and car audio installation hardware and accessories - committed to delivering quality, value and unmatched customer service. We look to find and hire people who are ready to dive in, to tackle an array of challenges and turn them into opportunities.
We are a passionate, nimble, dynamic and fast paced organization.
A primary contributing factor to our decades of success is our talented and ambitious staff. We’ve found that by creating an inspirational, supportive and enriching environment, we thrive. Around here, it’s not about fancy titles, strong political positioning skills, or a healthy list of names to drop. It’s about results. We know what needs to be achieved, and we work together to get the job done. Each of us uses our individual knowledge, creativity and resources to come up with fresh ideas and new concepts we can truly own. With that independence comes a high degree of responsibility coupled with accountability for producing results in a timely manner.
- We believe in the power of collaboration—honoring diverse ideas, fostering healthy debate, and inspiring each other
- We are most effective when we are energized and focused. A healthy work/life balance is important and we make time to invest in the things that replenish us.
- Our best emerges from a positive, optimistic mindset. We participate, we are thoughtful, and we strive to make smart decisions .
What You'll Experience!
A fun, fast-paced environment
We’re based in Oxnard, California – slap bang in the middle of one of the most beautiful regions on the planet (if we do say so ourselves)! Just minutes from stretches of sandy beaches, bike paths and hiking trails and not all that far from mountains and desert terrains either, we want our employees to make the most of this amazing location and get out there and have fun. Many of our award-winning products are Optimized for Outdoors™ meaning that they are designed to be rugged and withstand the extremes of the outdoors while still functioning exceptionally well in a wide array of climates and conditions to make outdoor adventures both more fun and accessible.So grab some Scosche gear and get outdoors! We know we’re at our best when we’re energized and focused. This is why it’s essential to invest time in our personal pursuits and achieve a true work/life balance.
Competitive compensation and benefits
Scosche’s competitive compensation and flexible health and benefits programs meet the ever-changing and challenging needs of today's workforce. At Scosche, you can expand your skills through opportunities to work across functions and contribute in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. You'll also experience growth and advancement while building a better understanding of Scosche’s unique products and the markets we serve. Scosche puts professional growth in your own hands by providing the tools, resources and opportunities for you to own your career path.
Interested joining Scosche but don’t see any current openings that match your background? Send us your resume and a brief letter, explaining why you’d be a great addition to our growing team!
Graphic and Front-End Website Designer
Award-winning Onxard, CA consumer tech and car audio products and accessories manufacturer is seeking a dynamic, highly-skilled Graphic Designer with strong web front-end experience. The Graphic and Front-End Website Designer will work on our marketing team and will be able to create innovative, visually-appealing, designs in a number of key areas including online ads, email and the company's website and have the proficiency to program them using the applicable languages and tools.
What You'll Need to Have to Do to Succeed:
• Be deadline and detail-oriented – able to consistently deliver multiple projects on time as directed and quite often under tight timeframes after carefully proofing work to ensure accuracy and consistency
• Able to plan out projects and tasks as far in advance as necessary and then work to the plan
• Solid, demonstrated, Graphic Design and Layout Skills and Work Portfolio
• Creativity - Able to conceptualize outputs for a variety of audiences – consumers and businesses
• Flexibility - Handles rejection and alternative suggestions
• Excellent file management and network archiving capabilities.
• Ability to quickly learn the company’s diverse product portfolio which is the driving force for conceptual executions
• Ability to setup Campaigns in Google Analytics with the properly tracking mechanisms
• Ability to create exceptional web user experiences via design and coding.
• Ability to create concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
• Translate UI/UX designs into code
• Work with existing website page code to make revisions as necessary
• Working knowledge of HTML5/CSS
• Working knowledge of responsive web design techniques.
• Experience developing public-facing websites
• Magento experience is a definite plus./p>
• Prepare finished copy and art via Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator and other available tools and works with media outlets and vendors to get the materials staged
• Works cross-functionally with various company departments as necessary
• Graphic Design: 3 or more years of creating an array of work for a business or businesses
• Web Design/Front End: 3 or more years of working on design and coding of business websites
Misc Position Info:
• Position Reports to Director of Marketing
• Full Time, onsite position so you’ll want to make sure that your commute is reasonable and manageable.
• Education: BA Design, Graphic Design, High desired
• Online Portfolio Should Be Submitted with Resume for Consideration
Project Manager - Mounts
The Project Manager for the Mounts product category is responsible for the development and launch of new products. Fundamental responsibilities include the coordination, control and reporting of development tasks in accordance with Scosche's Go-To-Market (GTM) Program. The Project Manager works collaboratively with the Product Development Manager and all departmental stakeholders. The Project Manager for Mounts is ultimately responsible for the completion and delivery of new products on spec, on budget, and on time.
• Maintain awareness of trends in mount related markets and technologies
• Maintain awareness of relevant government regulations
• Maintain awareness of competitor products, launch schedules, and marketing strategies
• Evaluate and report performance of competitive products
• Report directly to and work collaboratively with the Product Development Manager
• Adhere to the requirements of the Scosche Go-To-Market (GTM) Program
• Formally kick-off each new project by clearly communicating requirements to all involved
• Execute, track, and report all development tasks from kick-off to receipt of product into warehouse
• Anticipate and avoid development issues that may impact quality, cost, or timing
• Should issues arise, resolve then in a concise and efficient manner
• Coordinate product testing with QC team to ensure compliance with desired specifications
• Execute and coordinate all steps required to commercialize each new project including creation of BOMs, UPCs, part numbers, golden samples, and inspection criteria
• Occasionally travel internationally and domestically to ensure successful completion of each project
• Support external departments (Marketing, Sales) to ensure commercial success of new products
• Provide technical expertise to Quality Assurance and Technical Support teams
• Partner with Training team to develop and deliver materials for each new item
• Interact in an efficient and professional manner with all development stakeholders
• Oversee successful refinement and archival of all documentation upon project completion
Education and Training
• 4-7 years experience in a Project Manager role in consumer electronics segments
• Proven track record of success as a Project Manager in a high volume, project intensive company with a formal new product development process
• Experience in the design and injection molding of plastics and TPUs a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is a plus
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate or similar continuous education is also a plus
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to successfully manage large amounts of data and information
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills
• Ability to successfully operate in fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
• Poise and presence, especially when collaborating with senior leadership
• Ability to define and resolve potential issues with minimal supervision
• Strong attention to detail