Careers at Scosche
Scosche provides the excitement and innovation of a start-up, coupled with the solid reputation of a highly successful, established company. Build your career with Scosche!
Approaching its 36th year in business, SCOSCHE Industries, based in Oxnard, CA – north of Los Angeles and south of Santa Barbara, is an award-winning innovator of consumer technology products and car audio installation hardware and accessories - committed to delivering quality, value and unmatched customer service. We look to find and hire people who are ready to dive in, to tackle an array of challenges and turn them into opportunities.
We are a passionate, nimble, dynamic and fast paced organization.
A primary contributing factor to our nearly 36 years of success is our talented and ambitious staff. We’ve found that by creating an inspirational, supportive and enriching environment, we thrive. Around here, it’s not about fancy titles, strong political positioning skills, or a healthy list of names to drop. It’s about results. We know what needs to be achieved, and we work together to get the job done. Each of us uses our individual knowledge, creativity and resources to come up with fresh ideas and new concepts we can truly own. With that independence comes a high degree of responsibility coupled with accountability for producing results in a timely manner.
- We believe in the power of collaboration—honoring diverse ideas, fostering healthy debate, and inspiring each other
- We are most effective when we are energized and focused. A healthy work/life balance is important and we make time to invest in the things that replenish us.
- Our best emerges from a positive, optimistic mindset. We participate, we are thoughtful, and we strive to make smart decisions .
What You'll Experience!
A fun, fast-paced environment
We’re based in Oxnard, California – slap bang in the middle of one of the most beautiful regions on the planet (if we do say so ourselves)! Just minutes from stretches of sandy beaches, bike paths and hiking trails and not all that far from mountains and desert terrains either, we want our employees to make the most of this amazing location and get out there and have fun. Many of our award-winning products are Optimized for Outdoors™ meaning that they are designed to be rugged and withstand the extremes of the outdoors while still functioning exceptionally well in a wide array of climates and conditions to make outdoor adventures both more fun and accessible.So grab some Scosche gear and get outdoors! We know we’re at our best when we’re energized and focused. This is why it’s essential to invest time in our personal pursuits and achieve a true work/life balance.
Competitive compensation and benefits
Scosche’s competitive compensation and flexible health and benefits programs meet the ever-changing and challenging needs of today's workforce. At Scosche, you can expand your skills through opportunities to work across functions and contribute in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. You'll also experience growth and advancement while building a better understanding of Scosche’s unique products and the markets we serve. Scosche puts professional growth in your own hands by providing the tools, resources and opportunities for you to own your career path.
Interested joining Scosche but don’t see any current openings that match your background? Send us your resume and a brief letter, explaining why you’d be a great addition to our growing team!
Graphic and Web Specialist
Dynamic, Skilled and Proficient Graphics Designer with Web Front-end Development Experience.
Ideal candidate has a background in designing impactful display ads (static and animated), branding, web pages, emails and more for web and mobile platforms. Preferred candidate will be well versed in visual design, as well as interactive environments. This multi-talented designer will focus on creating highly impactful designs across multiple platforms.
Graphic Designer Job Duties:
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering an understanding information and materials from media kits, ad schedule, gathering and understanding information and materials from media kits, ad schedule, graphics libraries, product presentations, etc.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepares finished copy and art via Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other available tools.
• Prepares final layout for review and approval.
• Maintains technical knowledge by taking courseware as necessary, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies and groups.
• Provides on request, monthly and quarterly analysis of as performance, etc.
• Contributes to and is a functional member of our marketing team and the company as a whole.
• Works cross-functionally with various company departments as necessary.
Web design and front-end development knowledge and skills:
• Collaborate with the creative and marketing team to create an exceptional web user experience.
• Translating UI/UX designs into code.
• Work with existing website page code to make revisions as necessary.
• Basic working knowledge of HTML5/CSS.
• Basic working knowledge of responsive web design techniques.
• Experience developing public facing websites.
• Magento experience a plus.
Graphic Designer Skills and Qualifications:
• Deadline-oriented - able to consistently deliver projects on time as directed and quite often under tight time-frames - able to work independently to get work accomplished.
• Keen attention to detail - able to proof work to ensure accurate spelling, grammar, brand and image consistency.
• Planning skills - able to plan out projects and tasks as far in advance as necessary and when work to the plan.
• Solid, demonstrated, graphic design and layout skills.
• Listens to and able to take direction, at times from multiple sources, to manage and finalize projects.
• Creative Services - Manages online ads library working with existing images along with new assets as they become available.
• Production skills - Able to generate and deliver all required files correctly and on time.
• Company Focus - Maintains all branding in ads, on website, etc.
• Creativity - Able to generate and deliver all required file correctly and on time.
• Flexibility - Handles rejection and alternative suggestions - not every piece is and instant winner. Ability to take direction and execute and get the job done.
• Excellent file management and network archiving capabilities.
• Ability to quickly learn the company's diverse product portfolio which is the driving force for conceptual executions.
• Ability to setup campaigns in Google Analytics with the properly tracking mechanisms.
• 5+ years graphic design.
• 2+ years web design/front end.
Misc Position Info:
• Position Reports to Marketing Director.
• Full-time, onsite position.
• Education: BA Design, Graphic Design, high desired.
• Online portfolio must be submitted with resume for consideration.
Designs aftermarket and OEM products pertaining to automotive audio systems, e.g., dash kits, wiring harnesses and other accessories. Ensure designs are completed in accordance with launch timeline. Coordinates co-designs with outside design partners. Communicates project status to Project Managers.
• Creatively develop layouts, solid models, and details drawings using surfacing techniques.
• Create models using 3D modeling as well as traditional modeling techniques.
• Obtain and manage tool quotes from off-shore contractors.
• Regularly report design progress to Design Manager and Project Managers.
• Inspect samples; off-tool, pre-production and production.
• Periodically update engineering drawings to reflect changes/improvements to product.
• 3-5 years Designer/Draftsman experience; AA, ME, or similar degree a plus.
• intermediate to advanced proficiency with SolidWorks surfacing approaches.
• Intermediate proficiency in AutoCAD.
• Working knowledge of basic engineering principles.
• Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator or Adobe InDesign a plus.
• Must be comfortable working in a high volume, fast paced environment.
• Designs aftermarket automotive products including radio replacement dash kits, speaker adapter brackets and interconnect devices.