Careers at Scosche
Scosche provides the excitement and innovation of a start-up, coupled with the solid reputation of a highly successful, established company. Build your career with Scosche!
Approaching its 36th year in business, SCOSCHE Industries, based in Oxnard, CA – north of Los Angeles and south of Santa Barbara, is an award-winning innovator of consumer technology products and car audio installation hardware and accessories - committed to delivering quality, value and unmatched customer service. We look to find and hire people who are ready to dive in, to tackle an array of challenges and turn them into opportunities.
We are a passionate, nimble, dynamic and fast paced organization.
A primary contributing factor to our nearly 36 years of success is our talented and ambitious staff. We’ve found that by creating an inspirational, supportive and enriching environment, we thrive. Around here, it’s not about fancy titles, strong political positioning skills, or a healthy list of names to drop. It’s about results. We know what needs to be achieved, and we work together to get the job done. Each of us uses our individual knowledge, creativity and resources to come up with fresh ideas and new concepts we can truly own. With that independence comes a high degree of responsibility coupled with accountability for producing results in a timely manner.
- We believe in the power of collaboration—honoring diverse ideas, fostering healthy debate, and inspiring each other
- We are most effective when we are energized and focused. A healthy work/life balance is important and we make time to invest in the things that replenish us.
- Our best emerges from a positive, optimistic mindset. We participate, we are thoughtful, and we strive to make smart decisions .
What You'll Experience!
A fun, fast-paced environment
We’re based in Oxnard, California – slap bang in the middle of one of the most beautiful regions on the planet (if we do say so ourselves)! Just minutes from stretches of sandy beaches, bike paths and hiking trails and not all that far from mountains and desert terrains either, we want our employees to make the most of this amazing location and get out there and have fun. Many of our award-winning products are Optimized for Outdoors™ meaning that they are designed to be rugged and withstand the extremes of the outdoors while still functioning exceptionally well in a wide array of climates and conditions to make outdoor adventures both more fun and accessible.So grab some Scosche gear and get outdoors! We know we’re at our best when we’re energized and focused. This is why it’s essential to invest time in our personal pursuits and achieve a true work/life balance.
Competitive compensation and benefits
Scosche’s competitive compensation and flexible health and benefits programs meet the ever-changing and challenging needs of today's workforce. At Scosche, you can expand your skills through opportunities to work across functions and contribute in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. You'll also experience growth and advancement while building a better understanding of Scosche’s unique products and the markets we serve. Scosche puts professional growth in your own hands by providing the tools, resources and opportunities for you to own your career path.
Interested joining Scosche but don’t see any current openings that match your background? Send us your resume and a brief letter, explaining why you’d be a great addition to our growing team!
IT Application Systems Analyst
This position will support the Company IT Department. Main duties will include: installing, implementing and support software applications, analyze business requirements and assist with upgrades and analyze and coordinate project development and system maintenance requirements.
Knowledge and experience in most of the following areas: Maintaining and supporting software applications, working knowledge of XML, PHP, ASP.NET, SQL, HTML5, C#, ERP/QAD, BI, EDI, Java and Linux. Bachelor degree in Information Technology.Apply
Designs aftermarket automotive products including Dash Kits, and interconnect devices.
• Develop layouts, solid models, and detail drawings using SolidWorks.
• Develop detailed harness drawings using AutoCAD.
• Develop carton dies for new product packaging.
• Ability to create mechanical and electrical layouts.
• Write procedures and process documentation.
• Research vehicles for product information and ideas.
• Source products; including tooling cost, tooling lead times, part prices and production lead time.
• Follow up with vendor progress. Coordinate due dates between Product Managers, vendors and Graphics department.
• Inspect samples; off-tool, pre-production, and production.
• Take product photos and create renderings.
• Update plastic tooling chart logs.
• Track 1st production and shipments.
• Inspect final assembled parts.
• Update engineering drawings to reflect changes/improvements to product.
• 3-5 years Designer/Draftsman experience.
• SolidWorks: Intermediate to advanced proficiency.
• Auto CAD: Intermediate proficiency.
• Working understanding of basic engineering principles.
• Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook: Working proficiency.
• Adobe Illustrator proficiency a plus.
• Must be comfortable working in a high volume, fast paced environment.Apply
National Sales Trainer - Car Audio
Scosche Industries has an opening for someone who is looking for an engineering challenge at a dynamic and successful car audio/consumer electronics company doing business in Southern California for nearly 36 years. In this position you will develop new business opportunities through the use of product familiarization with new and existing contacts, sales team training and territorial expansion projects.
• Be able to team with applicable sales staff for customer store visits and follow up. Train on product specifications competitive comparisons.
• Coordinate quarterly top dealer training's at Corporate to include internal sales staff.
• Effectively train in-store sales associates and managers on the features and benefits of Scosche products.
• Coordinate all aspects of Scosche’s in-store presence. This involves coverage modeling, coordinating resource support in the market, relationship building and event planning and support. Works with Marketing on signage, headers, displays and POP.
• Collect and report visit data as well as competitive data in electronic reports which will include product features and prices.
• Track the number of product issues that arise during training and insure that appropriate follow-up is taken.
• Train large groups of people, such as the MESA Summit, in a formal presentation setting. Ability to demonstrate and effectively communicate features and benefits of Scosche products.
• Participate in trade shows as needed.
• Travel by company car or air as needed up to 70% of the time.
• Utilize and participate in webinar technology to coordinate with Administrative staff, Sales and Research and Development.
• Measure increased sales by new dealers and by product mix due to increased training initiatives.
• MECP certified as12 Volt installer 1st class as a minimum.
• Requires at least 5 years of 12 volt industry experience.
• Experience in public speaking.
• Have a comprehensive understanding of 12 volt distribution channels. Strong presentation and training skills.
• Computer proficiency with MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Must have experience in line development.
• Preferred knowledge of industry evolution and product development.Apply
Manager of 12V Product Development
The 12V Product Development Manager is the face and champion of all efforts related to opportunity identification, briefing, development, and launch of all 12V product lines. While in role, the Manager will inspire, motivate and manage a team of designers and project managers to meet new product delivery requirements in accordance with best practices established in the Scosche Go To Market Program. The Manager will also work very closely with the senior leaders of all departments while also maintaining a very close relationship with the executive leadership team.
• Be an innovation thought leader for the Scosche 12V product category.
• Set and maintain a high professional standard of behavior and performance for the department.
• Establish a tone of positive and productive interactions internally and externally.
• Encourage team member growth via a coaching/mentoring approach.
• Represent 12V product development 360° within the company.
• Ensure that all product development team members operate in accordance best technical practices.
• Direct an 8-12 member team to design, develop, and launch 12V products three times annually.
• Ensure that all projects adhere to the tenants of the Scosche Go To Market Program.
• Maintain awareness of competitor strategic direction and product offerings.
• Execute opportunity analysis around cost-sell-volume dynamics.
• Create and manage departmental and capital expense budgets.
• Conduct annual goal setting and appraisal for direct reports.
• Identify high potential team members and groom for future growth.
• Occasional domestic and international travel for industry shows, vendor, and customer visits.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 7+ years of experience leading complex technical teams in pursuit of innovative design solutions using a structured product development process.
• 10+ years of experience participating in various roles within technical teams.
• PMP certification a plus.
• SolidWorks familiarity a plus.
• Advanced knowledge in common design, prototyping, and manufacturing techniques.
• Advanced personnel management skills; Successful completion of Mgmt Training course(s) a plus.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Intermediate to advanced presentation skills.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven track record of leading teams to create commercially successful, highly engineered products.
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams to find creative and innovative solutions to design challenges.
• Successful record of leading product teams from Product Brief through design, development, and production hand-off.
• Ability to guide a team successfully within a highly structured go-to-market system.
• SolidWorks familiarity a plus.
• Exhibit a high sense of urgency, determination, and resiliency.
• Lead by exhibiting a high sense of commitment to completing tasks on time, on scope, and on budget.
• Exhibit ability to interact productively with peer groups and with executive leadership.
• Possess excellent organizational, written, and oral skills.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and circumstances.
• Flexible to working hours, tasks, responsibilities, and team culture.
• Ability to successfully manage outside service providers.
• Entrepreneurial bias and a positive outlook to daily activities.Apply